HB Oilers Boys Swim Team
NEWS AND INFORMATION
- High School Tech Suit Sale-30% off 1 full price tech suit* . CAS would like to thank all the high school teams that supported them this season by ordering team swimsuits. They will be hosting a tech suit sale starting Saturday, April 1st through Friday, April 7th, at the Huntington Beach location. See linked flyer. TECH SUIT SALE
- SAVE THE DATE April 25-28: Volunteers are needed for the Sunset League Championship Meet that HBHS is hosting at Golden West College. Each family is asked to cover 2 shifts. SignUpGenius
- Please consider using the links to the following letters to request donations or sponsorship from local businesses to help out at the Sunset League Championship Meet: Hospitality Sponsor Letter and Snack Bar Donations Letter.
- SAVE THE DATE Monday, May 22: Team Banquet at Old World Huntington Beach, Festival Hall
- Please use this link to join Photo Circle to share your team photos or use the following QR Code
- To join REMIND for parent communication updates: Text this message: @hboilers to 81010
WELCOME TO ALL NEW AND RETURNING SWIMMERS!
All help is welcome, and no job is too small! Please use the sign up genius link located at the top of this web page, or contact Robin Guard if you are interested in helping out!
We look forward to seeing everyone on deck!
Board Member/Girls Swim Liaison
Board Member/Boys Swim Liaison
Donation and Sponsorship Links
Program Philosophy & Motivation
- Expect more of yourself every day.
- Embrace challenges in practice and competition.
- Be a positive, reliable, trustworthy, and supportive teammate.
- Be a positive role model for the younger members of the swimming program and general community.
- Long-term hard work and dedication are rewarded.
- You get out what you put in.
- The goal is always to make the final swim of the season the fastest. Train and prepare for this goal every day.
- The Coaching Staff is here to offer advice, support and opportunity - your level of performance is determined by how you take advantage of this.
- Athletics teach life lessons....some good....some bad...
- Mistakes will happen…It is how you respond and move forward from mistakes that define character.
Preparation/Expectations for Swim Meets
- It is expected that all athletes will be available for all swim meets. However, things happen, so Always notify the coaches BEFORE missing any meet.
- A swimmer must attend practice the day before a meet. Missing practice the day before a meet will cause a swimmer to be scratched from events, or the entire meet, unless the absence is pre-approved.
- A swimmer must attend school for the entire day to participate in a meet that day unless the absence is pre-approved.
- A swimmer must wear the HB Swim Team polo to school the day of the swim meet.
- A swimmer must be behind the blocks for each of their races. Missing an event during a meet may cause a swimmer to be scratched from 1) a relay, 2) an event at the next meet, or 3) the entire next meet.
- Be on time to the pool deck before every swim meet at the required time.
- All swimmers must take the bus TO the swim meet.
- You are to take the bus back to school, unless you have completed and returned the Transportation Permission.
- When busses are used for transportation, they will be left cleaner than we found them.
- If you are able to go home with your Parent/Guardian from a meet, you are required to stay until your coaches have officially excused you. It is expected you will stay to the very end to support your team, and help clean up your area.
- Failure to check in with your coach before leaving a swim meet could result in removal from the next swim meet.
- Gear to Wear/Bring:
- Bring warm clothing, towels, and shoes – as well as proper gear for the meet: proper team suit, black caps, and goggles. Extras of everything will be beneficial.
- Bring snacks and water for before, during, and after meet. You need to be well fed to perform well!
- Home Swim Meets:
- When we have home meets, you will be REQUIRED to help set up and collapse the meets. Please check in with your coach when you arrive to be assigned specific tasks.
- You will be prepared to warm-up at the required time given by your coaches.
- Missing Events:
- If you miss an event at a swim meet, you face possible removal from the next swim meet.
REMINDERS ON MEET ETIQUETTE
- When you finish a race, remain in the water until all competitors have also finished the race, and official blows whistle to exit pool.
- Wish your opponents and teammates luck before stepping up, and congratulate them on a job well done before exiting water
- If in a relay, kneel down or stay behind timers on the start, and stay behind the lane and cheer on your team, during the entire race.
- Athletes are not to deck change. If an official finds you deck changing, you will be disqualified from the entire meet.
- Have caps and goggles on and ready before stepping onto the block, or into the water.
- Do not climb up onto the block until you hear the long whistle. The short whistles are to call you up behind the blocks.
- Stay out of the way of the meet official and lane timers.
- Always check in with a coach after a race. If you are in a relay, it is the responsibility of the team to determine if they check in before or after warming down, but you must all come together
- Remain positive towards teammates and opponents. There is no room for negativity, nor foul language on the pool deck.